Are Dentures Right for Me?
How dentures from your dentist in Peoria, Illinois can help you
Are you wondering if dentures are right for you? It’s a good question, and you shouldn’t make the decision alone. Dr. Manny Valerin at Valerin Dental in Peoria, Illinois offers a full range of dental services including dentures, to get you smiling again.
Dentures may be right for you if:
- You are suffering dental pain because of extensive tooth damage or decay
- You have lost some chewing ability because of damaged or missing teeth
- You have been living with an incomplete smile that is affecting your self-confidence
Let’s face it, your smile is important. It’s often the first thing people notice when they meet you. When you stop smiling because of an unsightly smile, it can affect your self-esteem and self-confidence and make you want to avoid social situations.
When you don’t have the full chewing ability because of missing or painful teeth, it can affect your digestion, which affects your overall health.
There are several types of dentures, and Dr. Valerin can help you decide which denture is right for you. Consider:
- Immediate dentures, if you want to have a denture right after tooth extraction; immediate dentures are placed immediately so that you never have to go without teeth.
- Conventional dentures, if you want to only get used to wearing one denture; conventional dentures are made after your tissue has healed usually at 6 to 8 weeks.
- Overdentures, if you want the increased stability of retained tooth roots or dental implants; overdentures are placed over the top of existing tooth roots or dental implants, providing extra stability and increased bone retention.
- Partial dentures, if you only need to replace a few teeth and not an entire arch
Dentures are the right choice if you want to regain your smile. For more information about dentures and other restorative and cosmetic dental services, call Dr. Manny Valerin at Valerin Dental in Peoria, Illinois today!