The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Cosmetic dental services range from very simple one-visit treatments to smile makeovers. Whatever your smile goals, your dentist, Dr. Manny Valerin and his team at Valerin Dental in Peoria, IL, can meet them and exceed your expectations. One of the most popular aesthetic treatments is professional teeth whitening. Learn the benefits of this safe and effective service.
What is teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening applies strong hydrogen peroxide gel to stained enamel. This naturally-derived chemical lifts organic matter out of the microscopic pores in tooth surfaces.
Your Peoria, IL, dentist offers two kinds of teeth whitening treatments:
- At-home whitening After a complete oral exam to determine if whitening is right for you, you'll use customized acrylic trays to apply the whitening gel. Your Peoria, IL, dentist will tell you how long to wear the trays, and in about a week, your smile will be brightened by about eight shades.
- In-office whitening This one-hour process applies a powerful peroxide gel to exposed tooth surfaces. A rubber dam protects the gums during treatment, and the results are immediate.
Benefits of teeth whitening
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry says that people take notice of an individual's smile right away. A smile makes that critical first impression, and that's why most Americans choose teeth whitening before any other aesthetic dental treatment.
Your procedure is professionally supervised start to finish, and maybe best of all, the results really last. However, it is important to avoid or limit the things which stain teeth in the first place:
- Smokeless tobacco and cigarettes
- Dark drinks such as coffee, tea, sports drinks and colas
- Dark foods such as blueberries, curry, and soy sauce
- Acidic foods such as tomato-based sauces and citrus fruits
Find out more
Valerin Dental offers a wide array of preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental services. Call us for a cosmetic dentistry consultation, and ask how Dr. Valerin would give you the white smile you've always wanted. Phone (309) 693-2310.